Thursday, January 13, 2011

Showing Some Resolve

This year I've made three New Year's resolutions.

1. Run another half marathon
I ran the Wicked Half Marathon in Salem, MA in September of 2009, although using the word "ran" may be stretching the term a bit. I lost 40 lbs. training for that half marathon, going from 235 lbs. to 195 lbs. I have gained back 25 lbs, weighing in at 220. It's time to start training again! Below are a few pics from the first half-marathon.


2. Be more organinzed
This one sounds a little vague, but I need to be more organized with every area of my life (including the covers, according to Kimberly!). So, I am making a concerted effort to structure my schedule very carefully, mainly so I can be a better husband and father. One of the projects we have been working on around the house will help with structure and organization. We own a small building that used to be a store, which is on our property. We have been working to make this building into usable space for an office/craft room/play room/man cave. Below are some pics of the remodeling.





3. Communicate more with friends and family who do not live nearby 
I could always do a better job of staying in touch with friends and family who do live near us. I think many of you could provide ample evidence of my lack of communication. Part of the solution will be posting on this blog once every two weeks. I haven't posted anything to the blog since July 27! You'll notice that it's January 13th, which means two things. First, I'm cutting it close on breaking this New Year's resolution. Second, it's Granny and Mom's birthday today! Happy birthday Granny! Happy birthday mom! To catch you up on just a bit of what's been going on at Catlin Farms, I've provided some pics below.









Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. look how BIG sambo is getting!!!! miss you guys. when are you coming to texas? i can't say that we have any plans to go to NC right now, so you're just going to have to come here, right? I cracked up at that pic of Sam drinking a Mt Dew. Like mother like son, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caroline! Yeah, Sam is getting old fast, and so is Ellie! I don't know how soon we could get to Texas, but we'll sure try.

    ReplyDelete